Pinterest

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My goof for the day....

Given the size of our family and the fact that I do in home childcare twice a week, I tend to buy most items in bulk.....and, I normally do not use laundry softner, but vinegar instead.

Since gallon jugs don't fit in my cabinets other than the one under the sink, and with daycare kiddos I can't keep chemicals or cleaning solutions under the sink, that is where I store my gallon and five gallon bulk food containers..... (and I don't buy cleaning chemicals anyway, except for bleach--I make my own that are much safer for us and our septic tank)


So, just a few minutes ago, I started a load of laundry, using my home-made laundry soap (see recipe on this page), and proceeded to add my vinegar into the rinse dispenser.
EXCEPT.............Too late, I realized that in my hand was a gallon of (of all things) pancake syrup.......

The husband has had the flu (for the second time this winter, and he did have the flu shot as well) and I was trying to wash his blanket that he uses at his recliner...Guess it will get a second washing tonight, which will ensure all traces of the flu virus will be gone.

I can't be the only one out there...what crazy things have you done lately???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I left the house to take a kid to basket ball practice, but after I got to the school I realized I forgot the kid back at home......so bad.

~*~The Family~*~ said...

At least you will all smell good!

Pam said...

Haha--I do things like that all the time! Thanks for stopping by my blog and following! I'm enjoying your blog.