Pinterest

Friday, July 26, 2013

WOW. This never happens...

Up at my usual 6.  It isn't even 8 yet, and dishwasher has been switched, laundry started, kitchen cleaned, dusting and vacuuming don't need to be done, as I did them last night (so late, it technically was this morning), ceiling fans cleaned and all the light globes washed, and windows have been cleaned.

I'm watching a couple of little ones today, so after they arrive I will start in on another load of food for the dehydrator--tomatoes in one and potatoes in the other.  I need to do some peppers, but they are hot peppers and I would rather do that outside, but since it is raining, they will have to wait,

Husband was planning on taking the 2 little ones to the pond to fish today, but unless the rain lets up, that won't happen.  Neither will my finishing the rest of the mowing, as I only got the yard half done. But, things have been dry--too dry and we need the rain badly.  My grapes, fruit trees, hay fields and garden beds are begging for the rain.  The rain has also brought some cooler temperatures which I hope hang around awhile. I'd like to be able to open the windows and let the breeze in (plus, I need to clean the screens with the vacuum as well).



                                                                  Zucchini Chips

Minutes to Prepare: 10
... Minutes to Cook: 30
Number of Servings: 4

Ingredients

1/4 cup ground almonds
1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1/4 t seasoned salt
1/4 t garlic powder
1/8 t black pepper
2 T milk


2 1/2 cups (1/4 inch-thick) slices zucchini (about 2 small)
Cooking spray
Directions

Preheat oven to 425.
Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Place milk in a shallow bowl. Dip zucchini slices in milk, and dredge in dry mixture. Place coated slices on an oven proof wire rack coated with cooking spray; place rack on a baking sheet. Bake at 425 for 30 minutes or until browned and crisp. Serve immediately.

No comments: