Pinterest

Sunday, July 14, 2013

My Sunday Afternoon Project

After we got home from church and I ate, I pulled all the remaining onions in the garden.  It came out to one wagon full.   I've been sitting on my garden bench cutting the tops off, (with the help of 2 momma cats, their kittens, and the dog) preparing the onions.  I plan on putting them into the food dehydrator, after chopping and slicing them.  Then, they will be stored in glass jars.

For soups or baked items, I just add the dehydrated onions.  For pizza or salads, I will soak them in water to rehydrate them first.

It looks like I will have about 5 gallons of onions after the tops are cut off, so probably about 4 gallons after chopped.  When it is all said and done, this will probably be about 2 quarts of dehydrated onions.

They will taste pretty good this winter when I start using them.

Now, I need to figure out what I want to plant in the raised bed that held the onions.....

No comments: