Pinterest

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Homemade Window De-icer Recipe

This week I have had 2 people ask me if I knew of a way to make window de icer for car windows.  One asked me in person, and the other sent me an email.  Yes, I do, and even though it is on my side bar, here it is again.

They all work, but number 3 is the one I tend to usually make as #1 and #2 you apply ahead of time, and I usually am not that motivated to run out and put it on at night in the cold.

It also works on other items as well, such as mailboxes that tend to freeze shut.

Deicer/wiper fluid receipes 

#1) 3 parts vinegar and 1 part water. Put in a spray bottle and spray down your car windows at night. 

#2) Use a bottle of 70% isopropyl alcohol with 3 drops of dish soap. Apply liberally to the glass with a spray bottle at night. In the morning the ice slides off. 

#3) Mix one part water to two parts rubbing alcohol. Apply to the window. Ice slides or peels off. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I read your new stuff regularly. Your humoristic style is awesome, keep doing what you're doing!

Anonymous said...

Excellent, what a blog it is! This blog presents helpful information to us, keep it up.