Pinterest

Monday, March 9, 2009

Piglets and Hail



Friday it was warm and in the low 70's. Friday night we got some rain and it cooled of on Saturday and was overcast most of the day.

Saturday morning the girls and I headed to Warrensburg and took my parents and my brothers family some beef from the steer we butchered. We went in the truck and brought back a load of firewood, and a sign and magazine rack for the church library. My mom, Emily and I went to an antique mall/flea market (Emily never did find the fleas!) where I found some tuperware lids to replace some I had lost or broken and 3 peices of yellow fiesta ware. JD and I both collect fiesta ware.

The girls had fun checking out Grandpas baby pigs, which have grown a lot since they last saw them. We should be getting our pigs shortly.

Elizabeth took her baton to show them what she had learned in baton class at homeschool coop, and was surprised to find out that Grandpa also could twirl the baton.

We came back late Saturday night, which was probably a mistake (should of come home sooner) as we ran into a bad storm with high winds and heavy rain, and that was also the night we lost an hour of sleep due to the time change.

Sunday morning at 4 a.m., we woke up to hail. What a switch. Then around 7 a.m. we got a little more hail. The largest hail was nickle sized which acording to our weather info is 3/4 inch.

No comments: