Pinterest

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Another storm

Our area got hit again last night with storms.  Some reports they were 75 to 88 mph.  So naturally a few more tree branches and trees in the tree line came down.  The weather reports we are going to get hit with another round tonight, worse than last nights.

We were in St Joseph when the storm hit.  I was in Walmart, in a dressing room with the lights went out.  That wasn't fun.  Associates were telling everyone to get the the front of the store.  My only response was I would if I could find my pants.  In the pitch black all I could find was what I took in to try on, because I could feel the tags.  The only lights were a few generator powered ones, and the lightening flashes when it came through the skylights.  Finally I got out.  Of course no registers were open.  So in the pouring rain I had to run out to the dry husband waiting in the car.

On the way home we saw no lights on until we got home.  Every little town we went through was pitch black and we saw numerous trees and branches down.

This morning when I went into town, the town was still out of power.  We were very limited on what we could do.  No computers, no lights, no phones...It came back on an hour after our normal closing town.  Where I work a second job at, they had to close early due to the same storm cell.

Make sure you have a good weather radio with battery back up.

No comments: