December 17, 2012
Dear Eastern Jackson County High School Counselors,
My name is Chrissy Durham representing The Junior Service League of Independence, Bess Wallace Truman Scholarship Committee.
Please note, completed applications should be mailed to (this is a change from the previous application):
Bess Wallace Truman Scholarship Committee
c/o Truman Heartland Community Foundation
4200 Little Blue Parkway, Suite 340,
Independence, Mo 64057
Attached is our information and application for the annual scholarship in memory of Bess Wallace Truman. I would appreciate you adding this information to your scholarship opportunities offered at our school.
· Current resident of Independence, Missouri
· Graduating female high school senior attending public, private, or home school
· Support study at the undergraduate level at any accredited university or college
· Demonstrate community service, school involvement, academic merit, and financial need
· An essay and letters of recommendation (one documenting community service)
· Deadline for application is February 13.
· Daughters, granddaughters, or stepdaughters of JSL members are not eligible
· Scholarship recipient will be awarded $2,000 with an annual $1,000 renewal for each of three additional years of college.
If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me. To ensure receipt of this email, please send me an acknowledgement.
I did not receive the attachment, so you will need to call her for it