Pinterest

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Last day of coop

Yesterday was our last day (until this fall) of homeschool coop. Tuesday evening is our spring program. The girls and I have made a lot of friends at coop. It is really a good program that they have.

Although we will miss not being at coop, this is the time we will be doing some field trips instead. Local places include, Jessie James house and muesuem in Kearney, Pony Express attractions in St Jo, Shatto Dairy in Osborn, Fort Osage in Sibley MO, Mt Gillead in Kearney MO, Liberty has 2 water spray parks, a water park in Independence, numerous conservation parks around, Smithville Lake, Watkins Woolen Mill, Arrowrock MO, Harry Truman Library in Independence and more.

We will also be involved in 4H horsemanship and getting ready for the fair.

We homeschool year around so there will be plenty of things to do.

This afternoon the girls, my nephew and my brother and I will be heading to the Kansas Speedway for the truck races. Hopefully the rain and storms will hold off until after the race. Tomorrow we will be back at the track again, and then in September. I have a cooler packed for eating in the parking lot, water to take (I'm too cheap to pay $4.50 for a bottle of water), trail mix and other snacks. I also packed 6 of the little walmart rain ponchos--FYI they are 88 cents at Walmart. $7 at the track.....

1 comment:

~*~The Family~*~ said...

I am with you about bringing food with. I don't know if I could even drink a bottle of water that cost $4.50. I would be scared I wouldn't enjoy it enough for the price!