Pinterest

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Spring program

This evening was our spring program at homeschool coop. As usual, it was very good with lots of talent shown. Elizabeth performed with her baton class, and she and Rebecca both had their scrapbooks on display, as well as some science projects. Rebecca had several of her water color pictures on display as well.

I taught 3 classes this semester--2 on our presidents and one on Missouri. I had tables set up with some of our class work on them as well.

Coop is now over for this semester, but will resume in September. We will miss going for the next few months, but will stay in touch with several. Also, during the summer months we will be doing other projects such as spelling bee and field trips, church camp, science camp and the county fair with 4H.

I had hoped to work in the garden some on Wednesday and Thursday. We have had so much rain the last few days, acutally all month and the garden is hurting for its seeds and plants. But, wouldn't you know it, it rained while we were in the girls program tonight. It is still too wet to disk, but if it doesn't rain anymore, maybe by Thursday I can till a couple of rows. Right now I have potatoes and horseradish sprouting on my dining room table. The ponds and wells are full, time for some sun. I think maybe tomorrow I may send the girls out to hunt for some mushrooms....

2 comments:

Lisa said...

how far are you from SAVANNAH MO. Lisa

April said...

Depends on who is driving:)

It takes me 45 minutes to get to St Jo, and 90 -115 minutes to get to Maryville.

So, around an hour.