Pinterest

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Winter Storm

Sunday morning it starting raining.  Rain that quickly turned to sleet.  The sleet quickly turned to snow.  Schools canceled for Monday and today (Tuesday).  Some are already cancelling for tomorrow as well.  All day Sunday we had high winds.  Poles broke, power lines were down and roads drifted shut as soon as they were cleared.  Parts of Missouri and Kansas were closed.  I 70, I 29, 291...Kansas City alone had close to 400 accidents.  Many were stranded, trying to get home from Thanksgiving travels.

Here are a few pictures around the farm taken after it was safe to venture out.






Our newest little girl, born a couple of days before the storm.  Her name is Lucy.

2 comments:

Lisa☺ said...

Hi. I saw a post you made on The Legacy of Home blog. I clicked on your name and it took me to your blog,Countryside Life. I live in Missouri also. My name is Lisa. We have a small homestead. The week of Thanksgiving, ours goats gave us 6 new babies. We also have chickens and my husband raises sheep.

April said...

Welcome Lisa! Goats are something I am wanting to add. 6 babies is a lot!