Pinterest

Monday, May 20, 2013

Prayers for Oklahoma

This morning, I took my public schooler, Emily,  into school at 5:30 a.m. to catch a bus for Nashville, TN.  She is in her schools 367 club, which is for kids who have a GPA of 3.67 or higher.  The school chartered a bus, and they are on a trip this week to celebrate the fact that their hard work studying paid off.

Hours later, we heard of the tornado in Moore, OK.  We were very worried here, as we have family in Moore OK.  After several tries, I finally received a very welcome text that they were safe.  The damage was about 15 blocks from their home.

When Emily heard about the tornadoes (she was almost to TN by this time) and called me,  I was glad to be able to tell her that I had already heard from her brother, and that he, his wife and 2 daughters were safe.

Meanwhile, in the county I grew up in, and where my parents and brother live, thunderstorm warnings, tornado watches and warnings, along with flood warnings, was going on.

Spring storms, although awsome to watch, are dangerous and often deadly.  I will be glad when they pass.

No comments: