Pinterest

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Soap for a year & Alpha Omega lifepacs

This afternoon Emily and I bottled up the gel /liquid laundry soap I started last night. It came up to around 12 gallons--enough for a year. The best thing about it is the price. It cost less to make a years supply than buying one bottle of generic laundry soap. It is better on the septic tank and has no perfumes or dyes to irritate.

Emily is now into week 3 of her new curriculum, Alpha Omega's lifepacs. I am really liking it. The only thing I do not like about it so far is there is no clear cut stopping point for lessons. Each subject can be bought individually for around $50. It comes in a box or kit. Each kit contains the teachers book/answer key and 10 - 12student books. The students begin with book 1. When it is done, they go to book 2 and so on. The books are designed to last a year. But, if you want them to last longer or shorter, you simply adjust the number of pages you do a day for that book. For example, we homeschool year around, so we would not do as many pages a day as someone who homeschools only 8 or 9 months a year.

The twins are not using the lifepacs yet, but I think I will start to phase them over to it as they finish up their current books. I bought Emily's at the Family Christian Bookstore in Independence, but I am also seeing them on ebay, so I may try that route first for them.

Mowing was on my list for this morning, but it was still too damp from yesterdays storm. So, hopefully I can get it done tomorrow. We also have training tomorrow night for the fire department on Forcible Entry, then I am back at the station again on Thursday night. Friday we have JD's work picnic at Worlds of Fun and Saturday the church has a float in the Liberty parade. Busy busy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! you must have made a lot of soap. I need to make some soon! I have all the stuff waiting for me just got to get to it!