Pinterest

Friday, April 5, 2019

Outside Life

Spring is here, but next week they say it may snow....again.  I hope that is wrong.

I worked outside most of today.  I am not raking out the gardens yet, as we still have frost as the plants need protection.  Bees and butterflies may still be wintering in the leaf cover as well.  So, until it is consistently warmer, I won't rake them out.

But, things are sprouting, budding and blooming.

I went to pull out this rosebush, as it died mid year last year.  Only, it is sprouting new growth.  So, I left it and we will see how it goes this year.

Tiger Lily, daffodils and iris are starting to come up.

I have 4 different types of daffodils.  This is the only type in bloom so far.

My forsythia is budding.

My clematis has really taken off.  Some branches of the vine are 6-8 feet long.  This will be its 3rd summer

These are tiger lilys I brought back from the family farm in NW Missouri.  They were my grandmothers.  I thought I had lost them, as this area had flooded and was under water for some time.  But, they are coming up.  I plan on moving some of them to higher ground in the event this area floods again.

No comments: