We've recently received the following information from Stacy turner in Missouri Western State University's Western Institute Office. I added the information in parentheses. Otherwise, it’s a direct copy of the information they sent to students on their mailing lists.
Missouri Western will be holding Registration for Fall Semester Dual Credit Home Schooled High School Students on Tuesday, July 23, from 9:00 - 10:30 a.m in Spratt Hall Room 109, Missouri Western State University, 4525 Downs Drive, Saint Joseph.
Student Eligibility Information:
- Dual credit students must have a 3.0 GPA based on a 4.0 scale.
- The student must meet any course prerequisite.
- Student should be recommended by the home school proctor. (The home school proctor is the parent.)
- Freshman and sophomores must have an ACT or SAT at or above the 90th percentile.
- A copy of a birth certificate must be provided verifying the student is at least 16 years of age.
- A notarized high school transcript must be provided verifying the student has minimum 3.0 GPA.
Students will need to bring a copy of their birth certificate, a notarized (home school) high school transcript that includes a current GPA, and ACT test results (if applicable).
Tuition is $95 per credit hour with a one-time application fee of $15.
The Fall 2013 schedule may be accessed at www.missouriwestern.edu/
For further information contact Stacy Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 271-4109.
(College students and incoming university freshmen have already registered and some classes may be full. When you show up to register it is a good idea to have a few class choices with your list prioritized. The Western Institute representatives will take your list of choices and see if there is room to register for the class(es) you desire. They will notify you after registration, if there was room to enroll in the class(es) you wanted. You will pay MWSU after you've been officially registered before classes begin, not during Registration.)