Pinterest

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Happy 85th Birthday Mildred



Today we spent most of the day in St Joseph with family celebrating JD's aunt Mildred's 85th birthday. We all met at Cracker Barrel for lunch, then headed to her apartment after. There were 16 of us total. It was good to see family and visit. I did learn something very interesting during our visit, it seems JD's uncle (by marriage) is related to some of my ancestors, a couple of generations back. So, that has given me the genealogy bug again, to do some more research on my Shinabarger line.

On the way home, we stopped at CVS where I scored pretty good. For $5, I got 3 laundry detergents, 1 Finish for the dishwasher, and 2 Degrees antiperspirants. And, I earned another $1 bonus buck for the next trip. To get my savings, I used a combination of cashing in CVS Bucks, store sales and manufacture coupons.

We tried to go by the teacher supply store, but it was already closed.

When we got home, I found the mail had delivered my new Nelson Scanner. My last one quit working and I had to return it. Nelson is a fun way to earn prizes. Each time I shop, I scan the bar code, then once a week I dial it in. Each survey and each shopping trip earn points. Then, I can cash in the points for prizes. Prizes include Sony readers, DVD players, knife sets, purses...and more.

The news says we have another huge winter storm heading this way, with 6 to 10 inches of snow. Just what we wanted! (I think God must have a sense of humor when it snows and he looks down on us!) Hopefully it will hold off until after Monday, as I'd like to try and get my suburban into the shop and get it retagged. We have been trying to go along for the last month with only one 4X4, and it isn't working. My car just won't go in the snow. At least, a good part of our last snow has melted off.

No comments: