Pinterest

Monday, November 22, 2010

Struggles

You have probably noticed I have not been on here much lately.

Our family has had a lot going on the past month and a half. For starters, a class I had been on a 2 year waiting list to take suddenly opened up and I have been attending class 3 evenings a week, with an hour commute each way, in addition to 12 hour shift clinicals. Also, we have had numerous family members in the hospital for a variety of things. This includes my dad, 2 uncles, an aunt, a cousin and my sister n law.

My sister in law has been diagnosed with lung cancer. She is a non smoker and just turned 41 (yes, I can give her age since I didn't give her name-she can't get me!). This came as a real shock to our family. She was hospitalized in the city for a few weeks, then opted to go to the Cancer Treatment Center of America. Please keep her and our families in prayer. We believe that God will heal her, so pray for a healing and guidance for the doctors taking care of her.

As a result of her illness, I have been doing a lot of reading and research on cancers and diet. Did you know that cancer is mentioned in the Bible? It is not a new disease, but certainly has been increasing over the past few years. Everything we do now involves chemicals it seems--they are added to our food while it is growing, and added to it when it is commercially processed. We are now slowly changing how we eat in our house. We are getting rid of the junk foods, sodas and cutting way back on what we fry. After the holidays, we will be making even more changes with our diet. I will be posting more of those changes as time goes on.

3 comments:

Miss Janet said...

You've peeked my curiosity. Where is cancer mentioned in the Bible?

Blessings be to your family today,

Janet
www.homeward4.blogspot.com

April said...

2 Timothy 2:17 "And their message will spread like cancer".

Suzanne - Daughter of the King said...

Praying for all of you!