Pinterest

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Saturday at last

This has been a busy week. JD and Emily both have been sick, Emily had a trip into the doctor and JD had a wisdom tooth pulled. The twins have had fun examining his tooth and comparing it to his x-ray.

The twins and I bought some more veggies for the garden--they were in the process of being cleared out, and 2 more grape vines. The grapes are in the orchard/vineyard now, with their new posts and support wires. I still need to mulch around them.

Last night one of the girls rabbits got out of her hutch. The girls spent much of last night chasing Charlotte. Charlotte still has not been caught. Last seen last night she was in the east hayfield. During the night we had a storm and Charlotte wised up and returned to the barn. She is still loose in the barn, but at least she is no longer outside.

Yesterday I did very well at a CVS trip. Since JD had prescriptions given to him for his tooth, I got a $25 gift card when I had it filled. Then, they had Dawn soap on sale for 99 cents a bottle and I had some 75 cent off coupons. Colgate toothpaste was $2.99 (not so good..BUT) it was buy one get one free, and I had several $1 off Colgate coupons. So, for around $23 I got 2 prescriptions, soap and toothpaste AND a $25 gift card and 2 Bonus dollars for my next trip. So, I came out in good shape.

Emily leaves tomorrow for Science camp. She is all excited and almost packed. It is an honor for her to go, as all who apply do not get picked. This will be her last year as it is only for upcoming 7th and 8th graders (unless she goes as a helper).

If the sun comes out, I plan to mow and work in the garden - if the garden is not too muddy. The girls, well, they are still working on catching that rabbit.

No comments: