Pinterest

Sunday, September 22, 2013

State 4H contest

This past week has been busy.  Very busy.  I taught Tuesday, watched kiddos Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  Saturday was also the state competition for 4H .22 for Rebecca, and speech contest for Emily.  (Rebecca also qualified for state speech, but for some reason this year 4H did both contest on the same day, so she had to pick and .22 won).  So, Friday night, Emily, Rebecca and the little one I am watching loaded up and went and spent the night at my parents .  By staying there, we are 1 1/2 closer to Columbia, which made the Saturday early morning drive more enjoyable.  My mom went with us, and went to the speech contest with Emily while Rebecca and I headed to the range.

The range is outside of town, and a long hike from where you park to where you shoot .22.  A very long walk, as in a mile hike through the woods on a gravel path.  Last year I learned a trick--many families take a wagon to pull their stuff in to the range (gun, lawn chairs, food, drinks, shooting mat, ammo, diaper bag and baby).  That worked well going downhill to the range.  Then, we had to come back uphill to the car.  Lets just say my thighs were screaming by the time we got back to the car.  I also am developing a bone spur on the bottom of my left heel.  I was feeling that too.  Of course the two year old loved it.  "I love wagon rides.  This is a long wagon ride".  Yeah, a real long wagon ride.  I tried to get her to pull me, but she told me I was too big.

I still managed to get a couple more jars of tomatoes canned, and some peppers dehydrated.  I still need to get some more onions dehydrated as well.  The garden is slowing down, and the fall beans and peas are getting closer to being ready to pick.  I also went in and volunteered a shift at my fire station as well.  Between the canning and poison ivy, I had not been in for quite some time and was missing it.  With the garden slowing down I will be getting back into my routine with that fairly soon.

Thursday, my aunt passed away.  She was 94 years old  Please keep my cousins (her children) in your prayers, as well as the rest of the family.

No comments: