Never underestimate the power of a determined woman and youtube how to videos.
The brush on my Dyson vacuumed quit spinning. I could tell the belt was stretched. My particular model actually has 2 belts. To change the belts, requires taking the entire vacuum apart and taking the clutch apart. So, that is what I did. However, putting the clutch back together was a bit tricky. At the end of a post that comes out of the clutch, a microscopic c clamp fits. It holds the entire clutch together. And, it is spring loaded. I made this repair in the office. The first time that spring loaded clutch flew off, it landed on the floor nearby. The second time, it landed behind the desk, requiring the desk to be moved to retrieve it. The third time it landed on the printer. The fourth time, we could not find it anywhere. Of course Dyson doesn't just sell the little clamp by itself. I ended up having to buy a new clutch, an after market one off of ebay. It arrived and it is now back together. I saved over $250 doing it myself, based on a phone call I made to a Kansas City repair place. For my model, they stated it would be 287, to replace the clutch (parts, labor and tax). It would be more than that for me, since I don't live in Kansas City, so I would have also had to add in my time and fuel to go and come back from their shop.
The worse part of the entire ordeal was the going 2 weeks without a vacuum. Here on the farm, we track in a lot of dirt, hay and mud.
In all seriousness, when you run into issues on this, check out youtube.