Pinterest

Friday, November 5, 2021

Day 3 of Chicken Pen Build

 Today was day 3 working on building a chicken pen in the barn.  All was well, until my circular saw decided to start acting up.  Somehow the guide on it got bent.  Now, the saw doesn't want to cut all the way thru the wood.

I have used up all the wood that I purchased, and am now using from our lumber pile.  We had 6 sheets of 3/4 inch plywood that I wanted to use on the walls.  The bottom 4-6 inches of each piece of plywood was damaged. This was wood we got free years ago when someone else had used it for concrete forms.   Only problem is it is too heavy for me to lift and move.  I did manage to get a piece up and onto the saw horses, so my solution is to cut the plywood into strips that are 12 inches wide-so basically I am making them into boards, which are lighter and much easier for me to move.  I got the first piece up and then on the second cut, the saw started acting up.

As I was fighting the saw, a barn cat was fighting a snake.  I thought it had a mouse until I went to look, and discovered she was tossing around a baby snake.  Let's just say snakes are not my thing.  I assume it came out of the hay,

Since the saw quit, I ended up doing some cleaning up in the barn. My husband came out and talked me though working on the saw.  It worked a little better, but I think it is time to replace it.


Since some of the wood had been used before for concrete forms, it had some large holes drilled through it.  I covered those with some old license plates that fit just perfectly.

No comments: