Pinterest

Monday, September 2, 2013

More apples and sadly, more poison ivy...

The poison ivy continues to spread....ugh...I have a little more on my face, and a lot more on my arms, legs and hands.  Someone suggested I try tea tree oil on my poison ivy-and I have been, except on my face. Meanwhile, benadryl continues to be my best friend....

I am working more on apples today.  I have some apple chips in the dehydrator right now.  Just like potato chips, but made of apples.  Easy to make.

Peel and core your apples into rings.  Soak in lemon water.  Dip in cinnamon and sugar, and place into dehydrator.  Simple and yummy.

It will take several hours (as in all night) to dry them out to a nice crispy state.

While they are drying, I am working on making more apple pie filling, and some candied apple rings.  Hopefully I will finish up this bushel tonight.  I ran into town earlier today and bought 5 more cases of quart jars.  Hopefully that will get me through the rest of the canning this year.

No comments: