Pinterest

Monday, February 18, 2013

Recommended Reading List

On a couple of facebook pages and blogs I follow, we have been discussing recommended reading lists.  To see mine, click on the link on the right hand side of the page.

Each parent I am sure has a different list.  I know a friend of mine has books on her list that I don't have on mine, as I don't think the content is appropriate.  Likewise, I probably have some on mine that others don't have.  One reader thought I should not have the Bible on my list, but I do.

Some of these books my girls read long ago, such as the Little House and Winnie the Pooh books.  Some they are reading now, and some they have not gotten to.  Others sidetrack us and we end up reading something that is a spin off from the book.  This is what happened when we read the Little House books.  Rebecca also read the Rose and Carolyn series as a result.  All good reading.

A few I don't have on the list, I need to update it.  The reason they are not on the list is some they had already read when I first made my list, and my list was of what was remaining.  As I think of them, I will get them added as well.  

I just put it into alphabetical order which makes it easier to follow.

No comments: