Pinterest

Sunday, August 19, 2012

couponmom.com

This is my favorite site to figure out this weeks sales to match with coupons.  The reason it is my favorite is because it figures it all out for me!  Looks like I can get several freebies this week, by using my coupons for items that are on sale.

Our routine is to pick up the Sunday paper after church.  Then during youth group I clip the coupons while the kids are doing their thing.  Then on Monday I go to couponmom.com and match them up to the coupons in my coupon book.  Once you sign up at couponmom.com, you also get weekly emails telling you the deals of the week.

I couldn't find a coupon folder that I really liked, so I made my own.  I used clear photo pages  and labeled them for my coupon categories.  I don't like standing around in the store aisles digging for a coupon, so my categories are broken down more than the ones you find in the pre-made coupon folders.

In the back of my book, I have clear page protector sheets, labeled with the various stores that I shop at.  Each store gets its own page.  Into that page, I then put the stores weekly ad, and the coupons for that store that I intend to use on my trip.  That way, I have it all together when I go into the store.
When I go into the store, I could just pull on that stores page, but, I usually take my entire coupon book in with me.  This way, if I find unadvertised specials or a marked down item in the dented box bin (great for cereal deals), I have my coupon book with me to see if I can match it.

Every couple of weeks I go through the book and pull out any expired coupons.  This is also a good job to give to the girls.  The girls also sometimes help me clip coupons and match them up to sale ads.

Its only a good deal though, if the sale price minus coupon price is less than what I would pay elsewhere, and that it is an item I can either use myself or donate.

Often I get shampoo, conditioner, deodorant and toothpaste for free by using the above method.couponmom.com


No comments: