Pinterest

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving Dinner

Today was our first Thanksgiving Dinner for the season, with my family.  We still have one more to go for my husbands side.  I wish I had taken a picture of the tables before and after.  We had 2 types of ham, 2 types of turkey, 3 styles of potatoes, stuffing, salads, 2 types of rolls, pasta salad, green bean casserole---just to name a portion.  It truly was a feast.  When we finished eating, we discovered we had barely made a dent in the food.

After we ate, the men, neice, nephew, daughter and cousins went out to the farm to shoot.  (Does that make us rednecks?)  That is becoming sort of a tradition with our family to eat then go shooting.

After the target practice, we had to eat again (round 2.)

Rebecca made a bunch of pies and cake.  So did my mom, along with breads.  Emily did the math, and we had enough pies for each person to have half a pie.  That's my kind of meal!

No comments: