Pinterest

Friday, May 21, 2010

Does TV cause homeschoolers to keep weird hours?

We keep weird hours. (In fact, most homeschoolers I know do). Part of it is due to my husbands hours. He works weird hours, and we tend to rotate towards whatever shift he is on. If we didn't, we would rarely see him.

But, I am noticing we can also blame part of our staying up till 3 a.m. on the TV. For some reason, there are late shows on that are good shows. Real good shows, especially for homeschoolers. Why can't they put these shows on during prime time?? Or during the day??

In the last 3 months, we have stayed up to watch shows about octopus, sunken ships, Egypt during Moses time, history of the Nile River and all about its flood cycles, JFK, The Grand Canyon, Weather, searching for Noah's Ark, numerous medical shows, genetics, the heart, the liver and more.

I suppose I could tape the shows--if I could figure out how. I have tried numerous times, and it doesn't work. (I guess I will need to get Tysa to figure that one out for us next time she comes home.) Our TV has so many things plugged into it, Wii, DVD, VHS, adapter, stereo equipment....

I am just wondering if we are the only ones that have fallen into this cycle.

3 comments:

Miss Janet said...

I have noticed this also. We have Direct TV and can record in advance. It saves the show until we decide that we want to watch it. Love that feature!

Janet

Henry Cate said...

My wife says about a quarter of those in her park day group are late raisers.

We're normally up between 6:00 AM to 8:00 AM. I often get much of my blogger done early in the morning, before the rest of the gang gets moving.

~*~The Family~*~ said...

We are late night folks, we try to have the kids in be by about 11:30 and I try to be in bed by 2:00. My husband works nights and he stays up late even on the days he doesn't work because it is too hard for him to switch back and forth. Not liking to switch back and forth was the reason he went to straight nights in the first place, rotating shift were way to hard on all of us.